Research Computing Staff are part of Information Technology Services (ITS) located in 2 Ell Hall (behind the NEU bookstore), 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
The best way to contact the staff is via email.
Research Computing email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
This will reach: Rajiv Shridhar (Dir-Systems & Production Srvcs, ITS), Paul Whitford (Assistant Professor, Physics), Nilay Roy (Asst Dir-Research Computing, ITS), Handan Liu (Research Computing Associate, ITS), Boris Yazlovitsky (HPC Systems Administrator, ITS), Chenxi Shi (Graduate Asst – Candidate MS Telecommunication System Management – ’16), and Manthan Thakar (Graduate Asst – Candidate MS Computer Science – ’17).
Your email will be reviewed and the most appropriate person will contact you right away.
We also have office hours:
- For Prof. Whitford office hours are from 3pm to 4pm Wednesdays. Please email him for an appointment – email@example.com.
Walk in to our office – 2 Ell Hall – located behind the NEU bookstore, a research computing staff will available be from 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday – schedules below -
- For Nilay Roy walk in Mondays to Fridays between 10am to 12pm and 3pm to 6pm. Saturdays are by appointment only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Handan Liu walk in Mondays to Fridays between 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm. Email email@example.com.
- For Boris Yazlovitsky walk in Mondays to Fridays between 9am to 4pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manthan Thakar (Email email@example.com) is available on Mondays and Fridays from 9am to 6pm, and Thursdays from 2pm to 6pm.
- Chenxi Shi (Email firstname.lastname@example.org) is available on Tuesdays from 9am to 5pm, Wednesdays from 9am to 6pm, and Thursdays from 9am to 2pm.
In addition to conference space in the office we have two terminals for users to use to connect to the Discovery Cluster and work with research computing staff. We also have a waiting area and several free cubicles with power outlets that can be used while waiting.
If you have an immediate need, something urgent or require a response in 30 minutes during regular business hours or within 2 hours outside regular business hours contact the following research computing members directly:
- Nilay Roy:-email: email@example.com phone: 508/2262261
- Rajiv Shridhar:-email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 617/3737547
If you have equipment that you want to locate at MGHPCC and have it managed by ITS Research Computing please fill in the questionnaire/checklist downloaded from here and email it to email@example.com. We will then evaluate the feasibility and costs (if any) involved and will contact you within two business days to provide a solution.
To cite Information Technology Services – Research Computing at Northeastern University the following is suggested at a minimum:
“The authors acknowledge Information Technology Services, Research Computing at Northeastern University for providing high performance computing and storage, related software, visualization, and consulting resources that have contributed to the research results reported within this paper. URL http://www.northeastern.edu/rc.”
For a summary of the Discovery Cluster configuration go here.
Thank you – The Research Computing Team.