Paper Submission is now closed.
The paper submission period ended on February 10, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Submitters will be notified in early March.
The following sessions are available:
- Bioenvironmental Engineering
- Biomedical Devices & Instrumentation
- Biomedical Imaging
- BioMEMS and On-Chip Devices
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Cell Engineering
- Drug Delivery
- Human Dynamics
- Mechanobiology & Biomechanics
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- Systems and Synthetic Biology
- Tissue Engineering
All authors were asked to submit their paper electronically (see link below).
Papers should be at most two pages in length, and must be prepared according to the guidelines for publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library: Download the Microsoft US Letter template at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html and follow all instructions. Paper abstracts must be 250 words or less.
Papers must include a copyright notice at the bottom of the first page (centered in the footer).
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-4799-3728-8/14/$31.00 ©2014 Crown
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-4799-3728-8/14/$31.00 ©2014 IEEE
IEEE Copyright and Consent Form
You must submit a signed IEEE Copyright Form through the paper submission portal in order to be published in the IEEE conference proceedings.
PDF Conversion and Validation
A single PDF file must be prepared with a distiller for paper submission (scanned PDF files will not be accepted) and must be validated using the PDF eXpress online tool. To correctly format your PDF file, use one of the following options:
- Submit a source file to PDF eXpress online for conversion (detailed instructions below).
- Download and use the recommended distiller settings for your version of Adobe Acrobat at http://www.ieee.org/documents/IEEE_PDF_Create.zip.
- Change the settings on your PDF distiller to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications by consulting IEEE’s detailed PDF creation instructions at http://www.ieee.org/documents/57026_IEEE_PDF_Spec.zip.
IMPORTANT: Authors must submit an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file created using the online PDF eXpress tool (either by submitting the source file there or by submitting your PDF file for validation).
PDF eXpress Instructions
- Go to the PDF eXpress online portal at http://www.pdf-express.org
- Click button: “First time logging in PDF eXpress click here”
- Enter Conference ID (33737X), your e-mail address, and a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted (You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account)
- Upload either your source file or PDF file for Conversion; and/or PDF Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to obtain an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file
- Submit your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file at www.nebec.org
- The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
- Through your PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or submit PDFs for checking.
- You will have the opportunity to revise your submission if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, or if the system finds problems with your paper, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check.
- Technical support via email and telephone is available if you experience trouble in creating your PDF.
- If there is a problem with your file, you will receive an e-mail detailing the problem(s). Otherwise the system will e-mail you a copy of your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
Submitted papers that provide a substantial contribution to the field of bioengineering and follow the published paper submission instructions will undergo peer review. Reviewers will be selected by the Program Committee. Papers that do not meet the focus of the session category as requested by the authors may be reassigned to another session.
Publication of Conference Proceedings
Accepted papers will be published as part of the 2014 40th Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference (NEBEC) Proceedings by IEEE Xplore Digital Library (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/conferences.jsp), and will be indexed according to their agreements (http://www.ieee.org/documents/ieee_indexing_agreements.pdf).
Presenting Author Responsibilities
The presenting author will serve as the primary contact on the paper. The presenter must be one of the co-authors listed on the submitted paper. The presenting author will be the main point of contact for information regarding the submission and is responsible for the following:
- Forwarding acceptance/rejection of the paper to all authors.
- Ensuring that all authors have read the paper and have agreed to be co-authors.
- Notifying all co-authors of any additions, deletions and changes to the program, as may be corresponded by NEBEC, in a timely manner.
- If the paper is accepted for presentation, it is the responsibility of the presenting author to forward all correspondence to the other authors. The presenting author must adhere to all published guidelines.
- It is the submitting author’s responsibility to ensure that all co-authors are listed on the paper itself, and entered into the paper submission system under the authors block. Co-authors not included in the paper submission system will not be referenced in the author index.
It is the presenting author’s obligation to ensure that the paper is presented. Failure to present an oral or poster presentation at the scheduled times may result in the paper not being published in the conference proceedings.